« Events Bars Manager »
We are looking for an experienced Event Bars Manager to join our team and help deliver outstanding bars at our events across the year. We can offer 3 events worth of work on a freelance basis during 2021 with increases in following years.
Camp Wildfire is Europe’s first Summer Camp for Adults. An extraordinary weekend where guests adventure by day and party by night.
Camp Wildfire was founded in 2015 and is currently doubling in size each year. Our ambitions are big. In the next 5 years we plan to increase that growth rate as we take the concept across the UK and Europe, establishing ourselves as the leading brand in this entirely new market.
We are a dynamic, creative team who care a lot about the work we do. We are looking for a talented individual or company with a similar passion for startups and the Camp Wildfire concept to join us and be part of our future growth.
If you feel inspired by what we are trying to create, want to use your skills & experience to contribute to the development and success of this unique early stages project, and have the desire and energy to lead this new market with us; then we would love to hear from you!
Deliver an outstanding bar experience to Camp Wildfire customers
Run an efficient and profitable bars operation
Start date: TBC
End date: ongoing
Approximate Time: 3 events per year on freelance basis
Please submit your daily rate of pay.
Occasional meetings in Camp Wildfire office in Brixton, London
Work onsite at Camp Wildfire event site in Sevenoaks, Kent
Other locations to be agreed as necessary
Skills, Qualifications, Experience
Demonstrable experience of delivering similar bar operations to a high standard in greenfield sites in the past 2 years with references
Please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter no longer than 300 words
- Your daily rate of pay
- 2x Examples of recent projects (last 2 years) with references
Deadline for submissions is 10th September 2020. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to meet the team between the 13th and 24th September 2020
Early applications will receive an earlier response
Source staff for the bars operation, and manage the build, live operation and breakdown of the bars at Camp Wildfire events. Our bars include a range of hot drinks as well as alcohol so having experience with high volume, high quality hot drinks service is important.
There should be a big focus on fast, high quality service from staff that embody the Camp Wildfire brand, as well as maximising the revenue from the event using a range of techniques.
- Preparing staff rotas and sourcing suitably experienced staff
- Write bars build and break schedule
- Ensure that all bars equipment, infrastructure and stock is ordered and of suitable quantity and quality for the event brief
- Prepare bar staff training based on Camp Wildfire standards & processes
- Build of bar structures including placement of fridges, ice trugs, coffee machines etc
- Stock management from point of delivery to point of return ensuring stock is safe from theft and damage so unused amounts can be returned. Waste & staff drinks logs kept for auditing purposes.
- Staff management including responding to changing demand by scaling staff up or down during operation.
- Cash management, ensuring that tills floats are correct and that cash is regularly removed.
- Display festival licence at all bars onsite
- Problem solving for any bars related issues.
- Provide itemised list of all stock returned to suppliers
- Clean and safely pack into shipping crates any equipment owned by the event for storage in our facilities.
- Dismantle bars and clean area ensuring everything is tidy
- Comprehensive written debrief covering all elements of bars operation with recommendations for the future
- Provide itemised inventory of everything stored within our facilities
- Attendance at debrief meeting
- Other tasks relating to the project objectives as can be reasonably expected
Milestones will be provided for each event we undertake with you.
These requirements are offered on an indicational basis of assessing the project only. The successful applicant would be expected to use their expertise and knowledge to provide a detailed specification.